Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Panasonic Viera 37" Plasma

Options
  • 09-12-2006 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭

I seen this model today in my local electrical store and before this I had always thought that LCD was better than Plasma but today I thought that this Plasma was excellent. I was watching the SKY HD promo and thought that it was superb. It was along side the Sony 40" S series and I thought that it looked more natural in all the video clips that they showed. There didnt seem to be any blockiness in the pixels compared to the Sony.
    The price with the pedistall is E1999 or with the built in stand is E2399. I have seen it on the Komplett website for E1299, this is quite a difference in price but it is my parents that are buying it for their house and they want to buy it local incase anything would happen it!!
    I have a few questions about it:
    Is the resolution on this ok for widescreen HD material? It is 1024 x 768, most HD tvs that I have seen are 1366 x 768. Will this make any difference when watching HD material?
    The sales person in the shop said that this was a the best Plasma or LCD for watching SKY SD on, would you agree? This is very important as this is what will be watched on it mostly.
    Is there anywhere that the built in stand can be gotten for cheaper than E600?
    I have read on AV forums that there is a noise from the fan that is quite loud, has this annoyed anyone when they were watching it?
    Is there any problems with screen burn on this tv?
    What is the life expectancy of this tv?
    Also can anyone comment on any other issues with this tv?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Best help I can give is that DID have the 42" model for €1995 & their sale starts on the 20th December (5 - 10% off)

Advertisement