Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant study area!

Options
  • 10-12-2006 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

So the restaurant is open for study again and you should see the setup down there! All the tables were packed away for the graduation days so when you came down the stairs, you had to pick up your table from the corner and place it wherever you wanted it. By the time I was leaving there were tables and chairs facing all directions! It was hilarious! Was anybody else down there?

It was funny to note that almost everybody pointed their table and chair towards the walls/windows! I thought it was quite odd!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Where else would they point them?...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I saw that and though it was a tad odd so I left... something bit odd about that me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

you should totally point your table directly oposite some hot chick. So you are practically staring her in the face. Then lick your lips and simulate oral with a Biro .

Let me know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Hopefully this will take some of the non-laptop people away from the library. I hate when I see the at the plug seats, blissfully unaware that I need the juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Those bastards..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Brimmy wrote:
    Where else would they point them?...
    To the centre of the room.

Strange to see how every did the same thing. Probably done so as to have as little in the eye-line to distract as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I'd prefer to be facing a wall. The guy across from me in the library is constantly picking his nose and teeth. Minger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

cast_iron wrote:
    To the centre of the room.

Strange to see how every did the same thing. Probably done so as to have as little in the eye-line to distract as possible.

But if it's pointing away from a wall it's pointing directly to another wall.

Think about it, you know I'm right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Brimmy wrote:
    But if it's pointing away from a wall it's pointing directly to another wall.

Think about it, you know I'm right.

Not if it's pointing to a wall made out of glass...?

Pythia wrote:

what is this magic wall of which you speak called? ..

also did anyone try my plan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Pantsless wrote:
    what is this magic wall of which you speak called? ..

Window

Pythia wrote:
    Window

wow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Pythia wrote:
    That doesn't make any sense.

You call it a wall, yet try to claim it's not a wall!
    Even if it is glass, it is still considered a wall.

I'm not sure if Brimmy was being pedantic or didn't understand what was being said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I went there at 11 yesterday and it was all closed :'(. What are the hours? I ended up hiding in the 911 seating area until i was discovered at 12:10... :confused:

Advertisement