Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please wait... Windows is now starting up...

• 10-12-2006 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Recently reinstalled XP Pro on my laptop while booting up is fast enough once it come to log-in and after that its terribly slow. I think it takes as long to boot up as it does to loggin and have windows usable.
    I've used tunexp and bootvis but neither really made a difference. I'm not using the welcome screen for logging in either.

Are there any ways in which i can speed up the log-in and windows becoming usable?

Jozi

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

try in safe mode to rule out startup stuff.

at the dosprompt try DEFRAG C: /B or maybe it's -B an undocumented tweak to defrag boot files.

pagedfrg may help if you don't have much RAM

you have done full virus / malware scans ?

when you reinstalled did you install over the top and thus inherit lots of settings or remove/rename the windows and program files folders to get a cleaner install ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I'll try safe mode after this.

It's a full fresh install from a formated drive. My virus scanner or Adware & spybot didnt detect anything.

Jozi

Advertisement