Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Returns.

Options
  • 10-12-2006 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭

I bought Dino Crisis 3 (Pre-Owned) for Xbox yesterday with the intention of playing it on my 360. When I put the disc in It said something about not being compatible so I thought "Ok this is just another computer,it probably needs an update" So I went to xbox.com and got the update file as well as a list of backward compatible games. (I thought they all worked to be honest....)
    Anyway the game still didn't play on the xbox so I decided to return it for exchange but they said no because "We cannot take that back because we cannot comfirm that its not backwards compatible as we don't have the list"
    I gave them the website to get the list and they just kept saying no sorry.
    Now I know that I will get the exchange due to what it says on there receipt but I was wondering whether or not they are obligated to display a compatibility list?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

I bought Dino Crisis 3 (Pre-Owned) for Xbox yesterday with the intention of playing it on my 360. When I put the disc in It said something about not being compatible so I thought "Ok this is just another computer,it probably needs an update" So I went to xbox.com and got the update file as well as a list of backward compatible games. (I thought they all worked to be honest....)
    Anyway the game still didn't play on the xbox so I decided to return it for exchange but they said no because "We cannot take that back because we cannot comfirm that its not backwards compatible as we don't have the list"
    I gave them the website to get the list and they just kept saying no sorry.
    Now I know that I will get the exchange due to what it says on there receipt but I was wondering whether or not they are obligated to display a compatibility list?

no, they are not obligated to display a compatibilty list. I have actually never seen a Xbox/Xbox 360 BC list displayed in store. So you have two options. Bring the game back/ tell them it was faulty or keep hold of the game with the hope that they will update the BC through Xbox Live - I refuse to give up my Buffy game for this reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was wondering whether or not they are obligated to display a compatibility list?

Why would they? they sold you an xbox game, not an xbow 360 game. What you choose to play it on is your business. BC issues lie with microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Stekelly wrote:
    Why would they? they sold you an xbox game, not an xbow 360 game. What you choose to play it on is your business. BC issues lie with microsoft.

Ah Microsoft....anyway, I guess you chaps are right. It sure would be handy though. Even a sign that states some games aren't compatible.

Thanks for your opinions :)

Advertisement