Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raikkonen

• 10-12-2006 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

kimi raikkonens deal with Ferrari makes him the second highest paid sportsman in the world after tiger Woods.
    If i was Alonso I'd be pretty pissed that i was getting less than Kimi seen as Alonso is the only world champ on the track, and double world champ at that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

how much is he getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

maybe alonso isn't pissed because he loves what he does and money is no object to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

50 million alone from Ferrari, then his private sponsors on top of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

50 million?? That's a staggering figure- he'll have to really deliver next season! He will though, he is a legend of a driver and would've brought home the championship in 05 and 06 had he a decent reliable car under him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Thats a whopper salary alright

Sign of the times for me. Two of the most boring sports (I'm looking at you F1) and the highest paid participants :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, there have been a number of boring seasons since the glory days of Hakkinen v Schumacher, and Eddie Irvine etc.
    Maybe Kimi in a Ferrari will shake the whole thing up??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Cremo wrote:
    maybe alonso isn't pissed because he loves what he does and money is no object to him

Or maybe hes not pissed becuase hes pulling in about 30 mil a year himself and couldnt be arsed what others are on.;)

Yeah but that's still a difference of 20 million, egos the size of the average F1 driver would NOT like that.
    Wasn't there a huge wage difference between JPM & Ralf in the Williams days- in the region of 18 million for Ralf and JPM on 6? Though I don't remember JPM crying too much about it I do believe it was a factor in his move to McLaren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Ferrari have always paid more than other teams. A few years ago Irvine's salary was not far behind WDC Hakkinen's. And I bet Massa is getting a fair wedge in comparison to other drivers.

It's a strange situation given that parent company FIAT was on the brink of financial ruin until recently. Despite Ferrari's success I can't admire such an apparant waste of resources. Look at what Renault have done on a fraction of the budget...

Senna always wanted to be no. 1 in terms of salary to underline his top-dog status. If I were Alonso I'd be a bit miffed but everyone knows the situation at McLaren and Ferrari are very different...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Well, fingers crossed it will be an interesting season, I'm not holding my breath though. Maybe there should be more pitlanes to facilitate more overtaking :D

Any reg changes of note for '07?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

Its 35 million euro i think, but F1 deal in Dollars so its 50 million dollars. It might be alot of money but , how much of that would raikkonen give away to have the two world titles that Alonso has... my bet... all of it....

Advertisement