Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game's return policy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I find it a delicious irony that they would give me a full refund if I took a screwdriver to the disc, but were I to offer them the fully functioning, undamaged product they would refuse me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

DarthWraak wrote:
    Erm, heard of demos? Heard of the rental system? Heard of reviews in magazines and across the interweb? :rolleyes:
    Heard of nowhere doing rentals for 360 yet? Heard of making up your own mind? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

returns policy works on the basis that a title is faulty after it left the shop. trying games out is not the responsibility of the game retailer, and if nothing's wrong with the title they've no legal obligation to take it back, but usually they should have some heart and let you swap for a new title.
    corblimey wrote:
    Heard of nowhere doing rentals for 360 yet?

xtra-vision + january = teh win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

I don't mean second hand. The vast majority of Game's 'new' games never reach the consumer sealed. You take the empty box to the country, they take a disc and manual out of a drawer and that's your lot.

Mhh, well the PC games I've bought from Game seemed to be all plasticated and sealed up nicely.

And Im 99% sure 360 games have that seal of authenticity where you open the box.

[If I'm wrong, correctivly slag me, I'm getting used to it in this thread :S]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Strange, didn't all Game receipts have that whole returns thingy on the back, if you don't like something bring it back with the receipt and change it?
    So a change in shop policy, hmmm...
    Seems to me that the least they can do is exchange it for another title, certainly in Gamestop you can, but then they don't put "live" games on the shelves, that is game boxes with the disks in, so the seals are already broken.
    Ho Hum, I guess it pays to make sure that the customer policy is to your liking before you make a purchase.
    I remember in the olden days when a stinker like F198 for the playstation came out, after Christmas you'd have all these kids coming in saying that their "grannies" had bought them it and they already had it and would we mind changing it, which we did!

• Advertisement
Advertisement