Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal New years

Options
  • 10-12-2006 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Im plannin a trip up to donegal for new years. any advice on where to go or wheres the best place to be and also the best place to stay (cheapest) for about 10 peeps! cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Im plannin a trip up to donegal for new years. any advice on where to go or wheres the best place to be and also the best place to stay (cheapest) for about 10 peeps! cheers

My advice would be to stay well clear of Letterkenny unless you like being like a sardine. Try Donegal Town or even Bunbeg. You might have to use the golden pages to find accomodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Depends what you're looking for! If you want a good night out, I strongly recommend that you stay in Letterkenny, if you fancy something a bit quieter (and probably cheaper), you might want to go elsewhere!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Depends on what you're planning on doing. If you are going clubbing, then Donegal Town is no joy. Sky nightclub is terrible on NYE in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

byte wrote:
    Depends on what you're planning on doing. If you are going clubbing, then Donegal Town is no joy. Sky nightclub is terrible on NYE in my opinion.

EVERY nightclub is awful on NYE

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

retalivity wrote:
    EVERY nightclub is awful on NYE
    That's probably true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Like everyone else has said it depends on what type of entertainment you are after - clubbing - live band - quiet drink in the local in Ballykissmearse.

Donegal is no different than anywhere else on that night. Everyone gets sloshed and go around hugging and kissing anything with a skirt on :rolleyes: That reminds me, I must get somewhere for myself to go to.

Some of the hotels will have "specials" which includes evening meal, live band, piper at midnight, overnight B & B etc etc. - but it will cost you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Can I suggest 'Jacksons Hotel' in Ballybofey. They have recently extended and I feel sure that 'Barry Jackson' would be happy to discuss a 'special deal' for 10 peeps. Just tell him that I suggested you call him personally, that is I Paddy McLean told you to call him personally ?... Leave it to you.:)

P. :cool:

Advertisement