Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway International Rally 2007

Options
  • 10-12-2006 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Here's the annual plea for marshalls for the upcoming Galway International, which takes place on the first Saturday and Sunday of February.

Anyone interested can contact me by PM.

Thanks.

David.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Many thanks to those who PM'd me.

Anyone interested can call the chief marshall, Joe, on 087 226 2910 (he's ok with me putting the number up here).

Accomadation can be sorted for marshalls travelling from other counties through Joe and Kieran.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

**** just seen this thread umm i'd say i'd be able to do it i done a few rallys round donegalbefore includin the international the last few years, just i have to see if i have the time off from if iget a job in the new year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

See you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

There will be the usual Marshals briefing nite in the Menlo Park hotel on Monday 22nd and 29th of Jan @ about 8pm...full details etc...later

Anyone who could help us out in Scrutiny would be welcome, its a busy spot and the best place to get a good look at the WRC's...

I was in Mondello for the RallyX and Kenny had 4 Scooby's, one an S12 out for a test, Andrew nesbit was there too with a 206, best sideways action I've seen for years.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Can I blow the whistle at the corners? :D

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote:
    Can I blow the whistle at the corners? :D

Come and marshall on stage 1 on the Saturday and I'll see what I can manage! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I got to blow the whistle last time.

And shout at people. "NO KITTY THAT'S A BAD KITTY!"

There will be a Pre Rally Marshals briefing in the Menlo Park Hotel Monday Jan 15th @ 8pm.

If you can't make it there will be a final meeting on Monday the 29th Jan in the same spot...
    Might see ye there

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Should be a great rally with Marcus Gronhom, Mark Higgins and Gareth MacHale all entered.

Should be a great rally with Marcus Gronhom, Mark Higgins and Gareth MacHale all entered.

That's for sure, it's gonna be a cracker, Eugene has a new car so it should be some battle on Saturday. There'll be some crowd in town to see Markus in action....

• Advertisement

Ah it's that time of year again...

While I'm asking....
    Anyone able to help out at Scrutiny on the Friday, it's going to be mad, and we'll need a good few Marshals to keep an eye on things. It's a good way of getting a good look at the cars....

Meeting on Monday nite @8pm in the Menlo Park...hope ya'll will be there....

I would love to but i'll be in college in Sligo, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

See ye there tonight Lads, lookin forward to it

A Big Thank You!! to all who turned up last nite, hope to see ye all on the 29th. And bring friends (or enemies) we still need more Marshals. So spread the word.

A lot of people were wondering last nite about the entry list, sorry we could not tell ye more as the Galway Motor Club press reception is this evening. And it would not be proper to give out details before GMC... If you can; the press reception, it's on in the Clayton Hotel this evening @ 6:30..might see ye there.

I think we'll have one of the best local crews for many years.. :)

Nice to see that so many turned up, too. Hopefully a few will make it to the launch tonight, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

ill be there shooting a video... will have a irishrallyvideos.com bib on or a galway one.. if ya see me make sure you stop me to sayvhello....

also there to stand in silly places to make sure i get the good shots..

(only joking)

Sound, Anto - we'll make sure that somebody is constantly in your way!!!

Watch those legs over those crests

Sound, Anto - we'll make sure that somebody is constantly in your way!!!

Second that!!!
    Extra wide Marshals deployed there.. :D

• Advertisement

Galway Entry list
    1 Gronholm, Marcus/Rautiainen, Timo (Ford Focus WRC 06) [8]
    2 MacHale, Gareth/Nagle, Paul (Ford Focus WRC 06) [8]
    3 Higgins, Mark/Kennedy, Rory (Subaru Impreza WRC) [8]
    4 Boland, Eamonn/Regan, Francis (Ford Focus WRC) [8]
    5 Donnelly, Eugene/Kiley, Paul (Subaru Impreza WRC) [8]
    6 Machale, Austin/Murphy, Brian (Ford Focus WRC) [8]
    7 McNulty, Tim/Nestor, Anthony (Subaru Impreza WRC) [8]
    8 Lynch, Kevin/Noble, Gordon (Ford Focus WRC) [8]
    9 Jones, Gareth/Moynihan, David (Ford Focus WRC) [8]
    10 Hurson, Peadar/Connolly, Damien (Subaru Impreza WRC) [8]
    11 Elliott, Patrick/Goodman, Paul (Subaru Impreza WRC) [8]
    12 Breen, Ray/Morrissey, Damien (Ford Focus WRC) [8]
    14 Murphy, Stephen/Morrissey, Michael Joe (Subaru Impreza WRC) [8]
    15 Ingram, Jon/Ian, Hllsop (Subaru Impreza WRC) [8]
    16 Barrable, Michael/O'Gorman, Dermot (Ford Focus WRC) [8]
    17 Doherty, Martin/Cullen, Andrew (Subaru Impreza WRC) [8]
    18 Fleming, John Joe/Robbie, Ward (Ford Focus WRC) [8]
    19 Davies, Tony/Walsh, Patrick (Subaru Impreza WRC S9) [8]
    20 Cullen, George/Kelly, Jakes (Subaru Impreza WRC S9) [8]

Full entry list here on Irish-Rallying.com

See ye all next Monday, and bring friends

Final Rally meeting tonite foks in the Menlo Park @ 8pm, hope to see ye all there, and bring loads of friends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

Hotwheels - is there a site to see details for the rally? location of stages, start times, best viewing spots.... thanks.

Hotwheels - is there a site to see details for the rally? location of stages, start times, best viewing spots.... thanks.

The program will be on sale from Wednesday round the city and county and has the map to the stages...

TBH the best seat for the event will be had by Marshals...:)

Many thanks to all who came out and marshaled; the weekend was a great success. Also, a few nice comments were made about how well the marshals worked at the weekend.

Nice to get some positive feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

my clip of the weekend
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6KCq9jIOZQ

or a HQ one here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Yes, some of my memories of the weekend involve being threatened and abused by nordie spide boy racers while going about my business on the Sunday afternoon. Can't wait till next year, perhaps I'll get the beating I so obviously deserve for the crime of walking into a pub to get some lunch, passing by a crowd of drunken ruffians smoking outside. It's up there with the Arts Festival for a fun filled family atmosphere alright.

Advertisement