Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sleeve

Options
  • 10-12-2006 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

i have finally saved up enough money to get a sleeve done ,im looking to get a koi and a dragon and few flowers a lot of colour and detail i dont care about travelling just want somebody thats good at this style of work can anyone recommend an artist ,any advise would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

domonick wrote:
    i have finally saved up enough money to get a sleeve done ,im looking to get a koi and a dragon and few flowers a lot of colour and detail i dont care about travelling just want somebody thats good at this style of work can anyone recommend an artist ,any advise would be great thanks

Well Im also planning to get some Japanese type work done and so far Im thinking of going to London

www.thefamilybusinesstattoo.com

Check out his pics on Koi. I know a guy who got a Koi done by him and it looks very good. Plus I saw his work first hand at the london convention and it looked very good.

London is easy to get to nowadays as well.

Hope this helps in your search. Please post who you decide to go with :)

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭domonick

thanks for the reply dino check out a place called mantas-tattoo in brighton ,i tried to attach a drawing i did of what im looking for dont know if i did it right if i did let me know what you think

the drawing is not finished yet dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 moolers2001

How far a you prepared to travel? UK, Europe, USA ....or Japan:D

if i won the lotto i'd go to japan ,www.yellowblaze.net,that dude is amazing ,
    maybe go to england i just want someone who can do a good job the last thing ya want is to get a piece that big n not be happy with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

domonick wrote:
    thanks for the reply dino check out a place called mantas-tattoo in brighton ,i tried to attach a drawing i did of what im looking for dont know if i did it right if i did let me know what you think

Very nice drawing!!! Must check out mantas-tattoo later.

Yeah Shige at YellowBlaze is amazing he has a 2 year waiting list though!!

I know money should not be a factor when it come to a big piece like that but we all live in the real world bills to pay etc. So whats my point I hear you ask!!:)

I'm currently half way thru a tattoo that I'm gettin' off an artist in New York, a long way to go for a tattoo, but the way I see it it's a bargain for the quality of work that I'm getting. I have one more sitting to have it completed. The dollar is great value at the moment, so for the price of a flight to USA (450 euros) and whatever the tattoo costs I'll have an amazing tattoo.

Have a look at NY Adorned, Kings Avenue Tattoo and Invisible NYC in New York for starters they have amazing talent. Also have a look at the links section on these websites for other artists worldwide.

Let me know what you decide and fair play to ya for not getting some sh1te tribal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

Shige travels a fair bit to conventions in Europe and he has also done a stint in Vittamin Tattoo in Madrid so a trip to Japan is not always necessary. The UK and Europe have some of the best in the World so you never never have to travel much further than that unless it is a very specific style that you are after.

Take a look at Henning Jorgensen www.royaltattoo.com. He is based in Denmark is very well known for his Japanese pieces and I have heard other top tattooists recommmend him. he won't be cheap but he is probably the best other than the japanese themselves.

after looking at the talent in the u.s and u.k i think it worth traveling and paying the extra the drawing i done is just an idea i have of the type of thing i want on lower arm go for a dragon on upper(the drawing is just an idea i'll be looking for a real artist to do a proper job) , so early in the new year im goin to get started on it somewere ,i'll let you guys know were thanks for the advice guys if anyone has any more advice please send it on

• Advertisement

Here's a few artists well known for thier Japenese work, like Eire said it's really down to the style you prefer,
    UK- Jon Nott,Ian Flower, Lee Symmonds
    Switzerland-The Master of Dragons Filip Leu, Wido de Marval and Mick from Zurich
    Germany-Alex Reinke (trained under Horiyoshi III), Luke Atkinson
    Belgium-Shad
    Holland-Rob Admiraal
    Sweden-Theo Jak, and Charlie at Tattoo World Malmo
    France-Tin Tin does amazing Japanese work
    Denmark-Henning Jorgenson

USA-
    Timothey Hoyer
    Chris O'Donnell
    Mike Rubendall
    Troy Denning
    Kore Flatmo
    Chris Trevino
    Jason Brooks
    Horitaka
    Cory Kruger
    Marcus Kuhn

There's a few to keep ya busy but have a look at the links section on all the websites you will find more artists websites, and leave your drawing at home any artist worth their salt will draw something perfect just for you!!

Good luck:)

Moolers some very good artists there. Didn't think of Filip Leu any piece by him would be class. I am thinking of getting one of his decorated skulls myself.

thanks for the list of artists i think tin tin is very good how would ya go about getting a price off him would ya just email him?does he speak english ?has any got a tat from any of these guys do you know the going rate
    how much work could a good artist like that get done in one sitting?
    sorry bout all the questions

domonick wrote:
    thanks for the list of artists i think tin tin is very good how would ya go about getting a price off him would ya just email him?does he speak english ?has any got a tat from any of these guys do you know the going rate
    how much work could a good artist like that get done in one sitting?
    sorry bout all the questions

Email him I suppose, if you get no reply you could try and ring him, but try to be serious about any enquiries because he must get 100's of email a week! Yes he speaks very good english. As for his rate I wouldn't be too sure but don't make money an issue, maybe you could ask if he has a day rate. If you are getting a sleeve the chances are you will need more than 1 sitting, see will he book you for 2 days straight I'm sure he would get even the most complicated design done in 2 long sittings. Let me know what happens!!!

Advertisement