Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Tevion DECT answering machine/phone

Options
  • 10-12-2006 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭

Got one of these today but no instructions in the box. When I turn on the handset it just says "searching" and doesn't seem to get anywhere. Any ideas? (pdf of instructions would obviously be great!)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Have you plonked the handset into its base? It's seemingly searching for the base. Is the base plugged in? Some phones register with the base unit when you place it in to charge (Siemens does anyway). Otherwise, there's a menu that you've to navigate to get the handset to register with the base.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Yes, tried plonking the handset into the base, charged but otherwise didn't help, still showing "searching." There is indeed a menu on the handset but it is rather cryptic without the instructions. I think I might return this and get a phone from Argos (actually only need the one, and don't need the answering machine part.)

Advertisement