Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ComReg report shows 40% of dial-up users can't get BB!

Options
  • 10-12-2006 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

This was posted by puppydog on the broadband board. So I thought I'd add it here too.
    http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/ComReg0664.pdf

It shows that about 40% of dial-up internet users who live outside the 01 area and who have tried to move to broadband have been unsuccessful (page 38).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Not leaked at all. They press released on a Sunday. Doing so when nobody is in the ComReg office means a greater chance of copying and pasting of the press release and less chance of being questioned about the facts. Same reason they press release on a Thursday or Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

damien.m wrote:
    Not leaked at all. They press released on a Sunday. Doing so when nobody is in the ComReg office means a greater chance of copying and pasting of the press release and less chance of being questioned about the facts. Same reason they press release on a Thursday or Friday evening.
    Okay Damien, I'll change the heading.

:)

I have a damned law assignment to be doing. I'd much rather not have to write a counter release to this ComReg bull but c'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Is this 40% the same as the "so-called last 10%" (notice how he's now saying "so-called") I keep hearing our dear minister banging on about? If it is, someone somewhere has some serious issues with basic math.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Coverage: ENN, TCM

Advertisement