Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 month old cat with diarrhoea

Options
  • 10-12-2006 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

My cat has recently become a bit lethargic/dis-interested/less bouncing up and down, generally less fun.

He was eating really well scoffing his Hill Science dried food as if it was going out of fashion (also give him Kitten milk and occasionally wet pounch kitten food).
    For the last 2-3 days he is only eating a few mouth fulls any of the above per day. He is also drinking a lot of water.

Just noticed today that he has diarrhoea which ties into the drinking loads of water.

He has all his jabs and last wormed ~3months ago.

Any advice you can give?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Take him to the vet!

Seriously though, if you're worried the vet should be your first stop. Nobody here can actually see your kitty so it's impossible for us to make a diagnosis. I understand you're probably just looking for general opinions, but even still you're going to have to head to the vet at some point. Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Judge2112

I agree. Take him to the vet asap, as this could be signs of something worse.

When my cats get the squirts, I stop giving them dry food (dehydrates them - hence why he/she drinking to much perhaps). And I feed them Hills Science sensitivity control, or cook them a chicken, as it is easy to digest.

Good luck, and let us know what the diagnosis was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭tlyons

Thanks guys!

Off to the vet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭tlyons

Ok been to the vet. He had what looked like a good look over Ally (the kitten) the only conclusive thing he found was a slightly raised temperature +2 degrees.

Gave him a injection of anti-inflamitory and anti-biotics (really did not like the second injection!!). Gave me a course of anti-biotic tablets and some paste for him to eat. The paste seems to be something for the digestion (quote "firms up the poo!")

Anyway brought the kitten home and he went straight over to his food scoffing down more in 2 mins than he has done in 3days!!!

Thanks guys for the advice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Glad to hear he's feeling better already! With any luck he'll be back to his normal self in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Glad he's better :) Cats bounce back with amazing speed.

Advertisement