Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What trekky stuff do you own?

Options
  • 10-12-2006 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭

I don't have anything myself... but lately I've been thinking about getting a set of spock ears, good ones though, not plastic novelty ones.
    I have pretty heavy eyebrows aswell, so I'd say if I plucked them just right and spiked the ends up with some gel or whatever I could make quite a passable vulcan.

Is there a good place to get hold of quality ST gear?
    What trek stuff is in your collection? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I dont mind admitting to you, since it's just between the two of us right?, that I have a very cool TOS phaser and I used to have a TOS yellow Kirk shirt. Unfortunately since my physique developed from svelte TOS Kirk style to more like lardass Undiscovered Country Kirk proportions I had to get rid of the shirt.
    Just FYI I also have a cool talking Dalek and a model of Dilbert's pointy haired boss.

Forbidden Planet is the only place in town AFAIK to get this kind of crap.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I have a trible which I got at ST experience in Las Vegas, along with a few keyrings and a model of Dr Flocks in a space suit,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Cabaal wrote:
    ..ST experience in Las Vegas...
    Was that any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭egon spengler

I got all these when I was a kid so hopefully that will spare me the embarrassment

a 1992 enterprise 1701d model
    enterprise e as seen in first contact
    I used to have the bridge of tos with the characters, they still remain, bridge was destroyed
    the tos ship (also had the diy version, its lost/destroyed now)
    A model of q
    a tos mug from 1991
    a model of the gorn in tos
    a model of sarak
    a tricorder
    a micro machines borg cube
    a next gen foldable cube
    a mug in the shape of a borg face

at the time I thought I would be feeding my interest in star trek while being able to sell them off at astronomical prices in the future. I was wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i still have my baby tribble from the ST Experience in Chicago, nothing else, oh wait a coupele of models of ships from years ago, 1701, refit 1701/A, Excelsior , Original warbird, Bird of Prey, Reliant. but consider models seperate to merchandise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

bird of prey, romulan warbird, klingon vor'cha battleship, a bunch of action figuresin the attic and yes ill never get rid of them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My main Trek related collection is the Star Trek CCG from Decipher. Have been playing it for years and still get huge enjoyment from it.

I have the odd DVD and collectible, but nothing overly crazy :) I wanted to see if I could buy something from the Trek auction in Sotherbys a couple of months ago from my SSIA, merely for an investment, but the prices ended up being totally crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

theres no way i could consider trek Memorabilia as being an investment.

ive no trek stuff, beyond books and DVDs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 longtimer

Of course it can be looked at as an investment. I'm sure poeple have made alot of money from it.

Doesn't mean I'd be silly enough to do it myself mind.

Advertisement