Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CTRL + Tab

• 10-12-2006 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

For some strange reason, CTRL + Tab doesn't seem to want to work. In MS Word, it goes forward to the next tab stop rather than backwards. In Excel, it doesn't go back a cell.

Any idea where I can tweak it so that it does???

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

ctrl+ TAB does the same for me... isn't that normal?
    Excel, back one cell = shift + TAB, no?

I rarely use either; I just tested quickly on this machine: Seems right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Karoma wrote:
    ctrl+ TAB does the same for me... isn't that normal?
    Excel, back one cell = shift + TAB, no?

I rarely use either; I just tested quickly on this machine: Seems right.

Suppose I'm doing a numbered list like the following

1.hbkbkjjnj
    2.ljknnlknlnlnlk
    a. kjhfjhfgjkhadf
    b. laksdfjaksjfkj

After pressing return at the end of the above line, I should get c, right? Now if I remember correctly, you used to be able to press Ctrl+Tab (or was it shift+Tab) to go back out one level of numbering to get 3.

Press return: You get c. On this line, press shift+TAB => you're back to 3.

Karoma wrote:
    Press return: You get c. On this line, press shift+TAB => you're back to 3.

Yeah, but see that's the problem, it doesn't work!!!!

Eh, the problem, as you described it, was that ctrl+TAB didn't work.
    When did it(shift+TAB?) last work?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

not sure if this is what you mean but IIRC in excel you can change the default direction when you press enter from up/down to left/right so you can fill in data in rows or columns

OK, just checked it out on work pc....

When I start a numbered list and press return at the end of a line, I automatically get the next number on the list. If I then press TAB, I move in one level on the list hierarchy and get a. - another tab gets me to i.

I can go back out one level by pressing shift+tab which takes me from i. to a. to 1.

This doesn't seem to work at home for some strange reason.

Is there a setting somewhere that governs this?

Advertisement