Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardeaux 1 Boca Plate 2

• 10-12-2006 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Lack of subs killed us and giving away 2 sloppy goals, Jules scored a nice free kick before him and Andy were sent off by the ref who was a complete muppet and allowed both of them to get kicked for the entire game.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hard luck lads. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Come on lads keep working dont let the wins go to your head. Hard luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Really dissapointing lads, hopefully the numbers will be back up for next week, also lets hope jules can go about getting his card rescinded somehow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Beaten by a better team. Hard to stomach but that's the truth. I hope we can match them better next week.

The ref wasn't a muppet, he had a fairly decent hold on things. It's common for big centre halves to use dirty tactics to wind up the opposition. Very rare will any Ref catch them at it, its usually sly and very cynical.

I guarantee Boca Plate headed home thinking to themselves "job done".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Beaten two one with half the team missing and two players sent off ain't bad.

I think it will be a big loss if we don't learn from it. And I don't mean the on the
    field play. Because I bet y'all gave it 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Which ref was it? the shortish fat fella with the beard or the baldy cnut from the previous one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Neither Simon.

Some youngfella.

Report here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Sav’s right, we were beaten by the better team on the night. We shouldn’t have gotten sent off, but it had no effect on the result cos it happened so late (though I did like the look of that free-kick), ultimately we paid the price for conceding two sloppy goals.

Sorry bout the sending off lads, think its harsh enough though – fair enough if he thinks it merits it he can send me off for the initial ott way of separating andy and your man, but after that all I did was self-defence. Their shaven head fella and the beardy defender both threw punches at me, I got out of the way, but they both should have walked too. 3 of them and 2 of us sent off would have been about right. Think a 2 match ban is disproportionate to the offence, fingers crossed the ref tones it down in his report.

Agree with everything Neil said afterwards – we let them get to us and we’ve noone to blame but ourselves. You don’t get involved like that when you’re winning, simple as that. But if we learn from it and don’t let it happen again, then at least it’s a once-off.

A lot went wrong last night though. I think we were guilty of thinking the job was done by keeping a clean-sheet against the wind. The fact that they played the better football in the second half by keeping it on the ground reflects poorly on us, and the frontmen being starved of decent service does add to the frustration. That low right foot shot to the corner I had is the only shot on target from play I can remember us having in the second-half. Can’t complain about losing if that’s the case.

The defence were not as assertive as usual for some reason, everything seemed like last ditch defending and there was even less calling going on than usual – that’s something that we really have to work on. We lacked composure yesterday. Fullbacks should be the main distributors of the ball when we have the wind at our back so that’s where we really need composure to give us a base of good possession.

A fuller bench would of course have helped, but that’s for another thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Did any of their players get sent off or was it only the 2 players on your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

one of their players got sent off to our 2, despite the fact that the number of their lads in the middle of it outnumbered us. I didn't even see their lad who got sent off during the whole thing so have no idea what he did, he must've been over Andy's side. All I know is there were a good 3 or 4 of them coming at me, 2 throwing digs I dodged, and all I did was push them all out of it, not my fault the bunch of weeds were bouncing backwards :D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I emailed the league about the ref and the red-cards.
    Hi Des,

We will get a refs report and advise.

We haven't received anything yet.

Regards,

WTF, that clown didn't even submit a report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

seansouth wrote:
    I emailed the league about the ref and the red-cards.

WTF, that clown didn't even submit a report.

Quoteth the rules!!! If he didnt send it in they not suspended, email them again saying he was going to have a think about it :)

Your a shels fan ffs get their entire team banned, points awarded to us, and maybe some torture :d

kdjac

Advertisement