Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gel for short hair

• 10-12-2006 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

hidy ho.

i have short hair and its desperate annoying trying to style it. its also very thick so when do put gel in it its just sticks togther and comes up in stupid short spikes that point forward. i'd like to get the messy style in it but cant leave it grow too long due to work...

anywho does anyone know any good hair gel or wax that could help with??

thanks a thousand

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

You could try Dax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 dennymac

ooo yeah i hate dax... forgot to put that in there

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ya need a wax not a gel anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deflector

Yup - wax is the way to go. Gel frankly can look rather childish if used as most people do. Wax by contrast gives a solid style, while generating the impression that there's little or nothing in your hair.

Looks very cool, and there’s lots of different brands and types, including wax sticks (like a Pritt Stick tube) which can be neater to use. Do try to get a water soluble one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Pitseleh

L'oreal Out Of Bed Fibre Putty - it's for that out-of-bed messy look for "short to mid-length hair" The greatest invention since bread (yep it's even better than sliced bread ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

Try a brand called Fish, the white pot, It's basically a mix of 50/50 Gel and Wax.

Only place i've seen it was in Boots, bout 7/8 quid a tub. Good stuff, and great for short and neat but messy as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Brylcream wax stick or surf hair yellow and green tub not sure who make it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Muzzy wrote:
    Try a brand called Fish, the white pot, It's basically a mix of 50/50 Gel and Wax.

Only place i've seen it was in Boots, bout 7/8 quid a tub. Good stuff, and great for short and neat but messy as well.

Seconded. This stuff isn't bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

plonk wrote:
    Brylcream wax stick or surf hair yellow and green tub not sure who make it
    Sounds like a Fructis one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 dennymac

great stuff. i'll try them. thanks for the info

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Bstatic

I've been through hundreds of these things and I've found two good ones,

Either Fish like somebody else said,
    This stuff smells gorgeous and works well but can be pricey and hard to find.

So I use Garnier Fructis polishing wax, comes in a small green tub, great stuff for about 5 euro, highly recommend it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Fructis manga head is your only man.

Its been keeping my gruaig pretty for ages now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I highly recommend American Crew products.A bit expensive, sometimes hard to find(usually sold in barbers) but a great range.Just so you know some wax's have a gloss finish,some matte and some in between, just to confuse you more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

V05 fibre putty. But don't forget to rub the bejeesus out of it in your palms to get it sticky, otherwise it just weighs down your hair. Also, apply to slightly damp, not wet, hair for the same reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I find that wax can go flakey and rubbish. ALso I quite like a wet look, which you can't get using wax, well any of the one's I've tried.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

I use L'oreal Radical Gel in a blue tub. The only place i can usually get it is in superquinn, I went to the local to get the hair choped 6months ago or so and they were asking what gel i use , now they stock it and seem happy.

I'm more then happy with and have been using it for 2yrs now:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

padi89 wrote:
    I highly recommend American Crew products.A bit expensive, sometimes hard to find(usually sold in barbers) but a great range.Just so you know some wax's have a gloss finish,some matte and some in between, just to confuse you more.

Any chance you could name a few?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

vo5 matt clay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

use wax.. any of the ones they sell in the grafton barber is good esspecailly for the messy look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

grimloch wrote:
    Any chance you could name a few?

I dont know if you mean the products or a barbers.

Products are here
    http://www.americancrew.com/home.htm

Barbers,well im in Galway and i pick mine up in a place called Fat Tonys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement