Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Independent Life Magazine

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

The correspondant is from Limerick, and always was! He is a well know Limerick man nationally, he reports on the good and bad that happens in Limerick. I think the sugestion that there was Limerick involvment also included, Dublin and Lebaneese involvement. I don't hear them complaining about a press conspiracy.

If the Limerick gangs were involved, would you prefer it was hushed up in case the good people of Limerick were offended about that?

It happened in Dublin, and one of the main suspects was a Lebanese man!!!
    Of course they're going to be mentioned in relation to the case.

There was however no relation to Limerick whatsover, and no evidence, or truth to the claims. The Limerick gangs had nothing to do with it, but they paper came out with a headline saying that they did it! FFS!!!

It was bad journalism, plain and simple!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Karma - you have to factor in the IQ levels that you're dealing with when it comes to Sunday Indo Life Magazine and its like.....

Both Lebanon and Limerick start with "L", so it's an easy mistake for any lazy, brain-dead wannabe "journalist" to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Liam Byrne wrote:
    Karma - you have to factor in the IQ levels that you're dealing with when it comes to Sunday Indo Life Magazine and its like.....

Both Lebanon and Limerick start with "L", so it's an easy mistake for any lazy, brain-dead wannabe "journalist" to make.

Good point. L was probably the letter of the day on Sesame Street that morning as well, which must have confused him even more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I saw an article by the same journalist (i.e. the one responsible for the fiction that I mentioned earlier) in the Examiner today, whereby he said that reports of 2 murders at the weekend were a complete hoax.

Fair enough, but that was only half of his article.

He then went on to say that the site reported of the hoax was the location of an actual murder a good while back.

Again, fair enough, as it would provide a background as to why the Gardai initially took the hoaxer so seriously.

Then, having gotten all that right, he bolloxed it up; for some completely inexplicable reason, he went on to describe in detail the ancient murder which had SFA to do with what he was reporting :P

What is the guy's problem ? Does he have an inherent inability to (a) just stick to facts and (b) make sure those are relevant and timely facts ?

Advertisement