Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings advice

Options
  • 10-12-2006 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I am 16 years old and have a Bank Of Ireland current account. I have started a new job and am going to be getting paid once a month. I want to start savin up as much money as possible, about €100-€150 a month. Where would be the best place to save this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

You could prob qualify for a second level savings account with Bank of Ireland, but you were better ring up your local branch - Look up this for the number http://www.bankofireland.ie/html/gws/locator/index.html. AFAIK the rate is 3.7% at the moment which is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Local Credit Union would be a good bet in my opinion.

They normally offer around 4%

Don't know what it is in St Mary's in Navan though.

sofireland wrote:
    Local Credit Union would be a good bet in my opinion.

They normally offer around 4%

Don't know what it is in St Mary's in Navan though.

Where is this credit union that offers 4%, cause I would seriously like to know..... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Some offer good rates of return, everyone of them is different though.

sofireland wrote:
    Some offer good rates of return, everyone of them is different though.

We'll then its not 4% is it? :rolleyes: OP you are better off if you are with BOI to stay with them and build up a credit history, maybe you might want a loan for a car in the future etc etc. Like wise if you are with AIB or PTSB etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

If you're in a position to make regular savings, then AIB Regular Saver account is offering 6.6% interest which I think is the best available. You can save up to €300/month with them.

There may be some terms and conditions about how easy it is to withdraw money in the first year but that might be a good thing in that you'll maintain your saving habit and not drop it at the first opportunity to spend on something silly!

Advertisement