Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Food Mixer

• 10-12-2006 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

After 4 years I am finally getting a proper cooker!!! So as a result I am planning on doing a bit of baking over the christmas season so I want to get a food mixer for Christmas, just for fairly lightweight things like muffins, sponges, fruit and maderia mixes.

I'm looking to spend about €100. I really like the look of some of the Kenwood ranges but they are a bit too expensive €140 upwards.

There is a Breville mixer on the market for about €60 but I don't know how good they are. Breville is a brand I associate with kettles not mixers - I stand to be corrected.....

Can anyone please recommend a good quality food mixer to suit my needs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't know about the complete modern Kenwood range, but we have a trusty old Kenwood Chef plus liquidizer, mincer and slicer attachments that we got as a wedding present .. that was 22 years ago, has never broken down and it's still going strong. It's built like a brick sh!thouse, can handle absolutely anything you care to throw at it and what's more you can still get spares for it even today.

I guess it's a choice you have to make .. buy something cheap now that'll need replacing when it inevitably wears out in 5 years time or something that'll effectively last forever. They are (very) expensive, but I'm sure there are some second hand ones out there for sale if you don't mind that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Alun wrote:
    I don't know about the complete modern Kenwood range, but we have a trusty old Kenwood Chef plus liquidizer, mincer and slicer attachments that we got as a wedding present .. that was 22 years ago, has never broken down and it's still going strong. It's built like a brick sh!thouse, can handle absolutely anything you care to throw at it and what's more you can still get spares for it even today.

My mother has one of those as well - I believe she's had of for 30 years now.

If you want to spend a bit more I'd recommend a KitchenAid - they're pricey, but I do know my Mother in Law uses the one her mother gave her - I believe it's over 40 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Thanx everyone for replying.

I went out and invested a chunk of my Christmas Bonus in a Kenwood mixer yesterday. (I cooked my first batch of cookies today!!!)

Advertisement