Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB and Win98

Options
  • 11-12-2006 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,

I am expecting my Eircom BB router to arrive this week I have a Window98 pc with a wireless adaptor. Can anybody tell me do I need to install any software on my pc to connect to the router. I have installed the adaptor software and when I scan I can pick up some of the neighbours routers. I am assuming that side works.

Does the package Eircom supplies come with client software.

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You don't need any Client software unless you connect direct via USB. Using Wireless or ethernet is supported either by your Windows or the software that came with the network adaptor.

Since you can see other wireless points you simply have to do all the correct settings, using either WPA security (or WEP 128bit SHARED key, never open key). No addtional software is needed.

Windows 98 Second Edition is better than Win ME or earlier Windows though, But even DOS and Windows 3.1 will work via direct ethernet.

USB is not a good way to connect networking anyway.

Advertisement