Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Permanet out of order in Kerry or..?

Options
  • 11-12-2006 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi
    Sorry for the long title but want to attract the attention of Kerry folk subscribing to Permanet broadband.
    We have no broadband service since last Thursday.
    Wind and weather has been dreadful and when it was this bad on a previous occcasion, Permanet service disappeared but was back again once things were fixed.
    I just want to check if anyone else out there has lost their broadband or is it just us?
    If it is our aerial (the thing on the chimney, assuming it is just us?), is it our responsibility to fix it or should we contact Permanet?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Tobi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DavidR

Hi Tobi

Must say we have just had Permanet installed, it's great when working but we have had several periods when we can't connect, or the service seems to drop out!

DavidR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Tobi2

Hi DavidR
    Thanks for reply.
    Got it sorted.
    Have had it out twice and each time has been around very windy periods.
    Turns out (didn't know this myself) that it is advised each time system goes down to reboot everything. Permanet lady on phone advised me to shut down pc and also switch off the modem, router etc, then switch it all on again and system should come back to normal.
    Don't know if this is any help to you?

But thank goodness for Permanet, I never know the internet could be like this........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I've been with Permanet here in Kerry for nearly a year ...at first it was temperamental, but now it works extremely well ... you have the odd glitch due to the weather, but on the whole its been great and any outages i've had have been weather related.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DavidR

Hi Tobi,
    Have only just got back on to pick up your reply. Strangely enough, in desperation I removed the power lead from the modem, then plugged it back in and within a couple of seconds it all worked again ok, seems that re powering the modem appears to fix it.

Thanks for relating your findings

Best regards

DavidR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

May have something to do with this : some wireless gear won't reassociate with the "base" if the base goes down suddenly at the wrong time, seen it a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Tobi2

No problem:) , the longer you live the more you learn....or the more people you bother with phone calls the more you find out! :)
    Long live permanet!
    Tobi

Advertisement