Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xp cd missing .dll file?

• 11-12-2006 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

i've reformated and tried to reinstall windows xp pro but after copying over the files from the cd and trying to boot up from the hard drive to begin the installation, it says that a .dll file is missing and won't boot..

it's definately not the cd as i've tried 2 completely different windows xp pro cd's.. so i'm wondering has anyone experienced anything like this before?
    is there anything different i could try?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

The only time I've experienced the installer complaining about missing/etc files my ram was buggered... that was at the 'copying from cd' stage and I'd tried both different CDs and different CD drives.
    If you've got two sticks of ram in the machine, try popping one or the other out and see if the installer works.
    And/or running memtest86 from a boot CD, which should tell you if your ram is stable or not.

I suppose it could also be the harddrive losing the files aswell, but the first thing I'd look at is the ram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

problem solved..
    it seems there wasn't enough space on the partition to copy all of the files over..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

Weird. I've never encountered this issue before. Windows shouldn’t even begin the copying process in the first place because it checks to see if you have enough available space on your hard drive. Strange that it skipped the disk space check.

Advertisement