Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ELO trivia thing

Options
  • 11-12-2006 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭

Ok so my daughter was singing in this concert and they did 'Mr Blue Sky' by ELO. She showed me the music and lyrics, and right at the end of the song after the change of rhythm bit they sing 'Mr Blue Sky---y' and I says that's not really right cos about 20 years ago when I was listening to the song, we (me and my mates that is!) came to the conclusion that it says (with a kind of elecronic voice effect) 'Please turn me o..ver' cos I think it was the last song on side one. Or did we make that up ourselves? Anyone wanna resolve this?.....Jeff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Propellerhead

"Mr. Blue Sky" is at the end of Side 3 of Out of the Blue, and ends "Concerto for a Rainy Day". Half a concept album on a double album - very 1970s!

To my ears the vocoder bit does say "Mr Blue Sky...y" but I have heard the "please turn me over" story but without verification.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Sounds like "please turn me o-ver" to me, and I've just listened to that bit about 10 times now. 4:54 to 4:58 for those interested.

A bit of googling and most state it does say "please turn me over".

Advertisement