Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVD Query....

• 11-12-2006 3:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I would really love if somebody can help me out here..

you'll have to bear with me now as Im a complete amateur when it comes to DVD's.

I bought a new Powerpoint DVD Player and it seems that every dvd i put into play, im getting a running audio commentry throughout.

we tried loads of different ones and its happening with them all, so its obviously some button somewhere has been clicked or on the remote but where, i just cant figure out and its driving me crazy!

tried to watch 'amityville (sp?) Horror' and from the beginning you can hear just the background sounds, like footsteps, gun shots etc, but as soon as the actors speak... nothing!

On the screen there is an option to turn the 'audio commentry' off which ive obviously done, but still the same.

When i put any of the DVDs into the laptop they play normally, so its something with the player, but is beyond me!

anybody know anything that i can do? would greatly appreciate any advice.

thanks guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Something to do with surround sound?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Lamlit

feylya wrote:
    Something to do with surround sound?

yeah? what do i do?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Have you checked the output is set for you speaker setup? Ie, 2.1, 5.1 whichever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Well you shouldn't be getting commentary. That's a whole separate sound track altogether.
    I can only suggest that you have a good look through your DVD players menus and look for a setting that is any way inclined to change the audio track of an inserted DVD.
    Failing that, even if there is a reset to factory setting to see if that resolves the problem.

After all that and nothing is sorted, it then could be faulty firmware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Lamlit

feylya wrote:
    Have you checked the output is set for you speaker setup? Ie, 2.1, 5.1 whichever.

excellent!! Sorted... thank you thank you...

what i did was, i read a thread from earlier on 'how to change your DVD to multi region' and even though it had absolutly nothing to do with my problem, it said when changing the codes to make sure the tray was empty and open, so i thought maybe that would apply to me aswell, so as soon as i opened the tray it then gave me the option to change the surround sound to 5.1!

You were bang on with it being a surround sound problem, it obviously was just picking up the background sounds and because i dont have dolby surround speakers, i wasnt hearing it right.

its grand now, works perfectly! thanks a million mate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement