Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retrieving voice mail over seas

• 11-12-2006 4:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

I have my vodafone prepay phone with me in New Zealand. Few days ago I got a message saying I have a voice mail.

How can I access it over seas?

Now the problem is I don't have any credit.

Would NZ vodafone credit work with an Irish number?

I'm not too worried about it. Anyone that needs to get me on my NZ number.

Just wondering who left a voice mail, thats all.
    If it was important enough they would have called back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sometimes 171 is available in some countries, if you haven't tried that already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Christ you're fast :D

171 didn't work, probably the lack of credit.

Ah well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I'm not sure how you would get around the whole 'credit' issue, but if you need to check the voicemail, you could always use a landline or someone else's phone to call it directly.
    i.e. 08* 5 *******

Where the first * is your operator, 083, 085, 086, 087 etc and then a 5 and then the remaining 7 digits of your mobile number.
    If you've got a code setup on this mailbox you will need to key that in at the prompt, if you don't I think default is 0000 or 1234

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Vodafone NZ credit won't work with Vodafone IE. Dial from a landline, putting the 5 in as above

Didn't know i could call my voice mail like that.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭beanhead

you can pick up your voicemail using vodafone mail for free. sign up on vodaofne.ie, click on vodafone email which launches the email web client in a new window. then select Voice & Faxmail.

Your voicemails are in there as wav files that you can download

Nice one beanhead, will try that.
    Calling 08* 5 ******* didn't work. It was ringing but didn't go to voice mail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Dont forget the country code too so it'll be 00353 8* 5 *******

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

ciarsd wrote:
    I'm not sure how you would get around the whole 'credit' issue, but if you need to check the voicemail, you could always use a landline or someone else's phone to call it directly.
    i.e. 08* 5 *******

Where the first * is your operator, 083, 085, 086, 087 etc and then a 5 and then the remaining 7 digits of your mobile number.
    If you've got a code setup on this mailbox you will need to key that in at the prompt, if you don't I think default is 0000 or 1234

Apologies Rabies, like wardie has said you'll need 00 353 8* 5 ******* for it to work.:o

Don't worry I know about international dialling codes.
    I'm not as dumb as I look (or so my mammy tells me) :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement