Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Gameplay Footage

Options
  • 11-12-2006 6:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

Available here

This is by far the most interesting looking future release doing the rounds at the moment in my opinion.

This footage shows off a lot of real time gameplay features and it's very, very impressive. The crowd system looks interesting although I think it still needs some refinement. I was particularly impressed by the climbing and acrobatics though, everything seemed far more natural and real than any game I've seen before. Combined with the open gameplay and multiple ways of completing goals this is really shaping up to be something special.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Hmm.

Thoughts:

- I love the idea of playing as an assassin.
    - The physics look painfully similar to Prince of Persia.
    - The combat looked silly. Seems like a single omnidirectional defense.
    - Controlling the horse looked quite frustrating.
    - The crowd thing might become an annoying gimic.
    - It is a work in progress though.

I still think it'll be great fun. PC release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Looked quite good. Well impressed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looks quite good, but quite similar in some ways to Prince of Persia. The combat also looked a bit crappy tbh, looked like he just held the block button and could block any attack, from in front or behind, which isnt good imo.

I like the idea of being able to go anywhere, even if it wont actually be as freeform as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Looks really slick and very well presented in a 'Prince of Persia meets reality' way. For me its in the same line of games that make buying the console worthwhile eg. Wii launch for Zelda, PS3 launch for MGS4.

In my opinion of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Looks fantastic. Shall be getting it when it comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Rhyme wrote:
    'Prince of Persia meets reality'

Prince of Persia 4: We Couldn't Change The Story Again, So Here's Another One?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Sarky wrote:
    Prince of Persia 4: We Couldn't Change The Story Again, So Here's Another One?
    Definitely, it's like the sands of time merely put him in another country. Can't wait for the next Prince of Persia instalment... in the FUTURE!! Whoosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

In fairness, it's a third person game and it's by the creators of some of the Prince of Persia games, so it's obviously going to have some similarities. It think it looks great. I love the fact that you can bang into the crowd (it really bothered my in the Mardi gras level of Hitman: Blood money). I'm just hoping the interacting with the crowds thing (pretending to be a monk) isn't just a once off thing. Hopefully there will be lots of ways to disguise yourself in a crowd. And I assume there'll be no multiplayer, but that could be cool! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

That looks like it could be an awesome game, really love the way you can climb any wall and interact with the enviorment like in real life

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Loved the way his leg freaks out while he's walking with the monks, its something special!

Yes, I know its early code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

madrab wrote:

Yea there'd always been rumours to that effect (what with the really futuristic HUD that comes up when you die in the gameplay footage)

I think, rather than being a large part of the gameplay, it's a way of opening the door to sequels set in different locations and timelines while keeping things somewhat coherent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i like the little things. like walkking through a crowd he side steps and ushers some out of the way with his hand/ forearm. shoving them looked fun too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

madrab wrote:

Oh for God's sake, even if its not true that should totally have a spoiler warning ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Zillah wrote:
    Oh for God's sake, even if its not true that should totally have a spoiler warning ffs.

It did. Well, after the word sci-fi :)
    Assassins Creed in sci-fi shocker
    Thursday 14-Dec-2006 2:23 PM Telly stunner Kristen Bell drops Assassins Creed plot revelations - spoilers inside!

Advertisement