Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine Malfuntion Light on 2002 Nissan Almera

Options
  • 11-12-2006 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was changing the air filter on the almera over the weekend and I forgot to connect what seems to be a sensor back onto the arm where air box goes back into the engine.

I started the engine and it didnt sound right so i switched it back off noted my schoolboy error and started it again she's running fine but the Engine Malfunction light is on is there any way I can reset this ? Or will disconnecting the battery do that ?

Thanks
    Barry

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'd say you need to go to the garage and get the fault 'acknowledged'. They'll probably charge you around €30 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

This light will eventually go off, after a number of ignition cycles. (I dont know how many it is for a Nissan). The fault will remain in the car's ecu memory for 28 days ( I think I remember reading this somewhere, after which if theres no re-occurence, its deleted).

Mr Diagnostic, who posts here often can probably give you the definitive answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Was looking on the net and 50 key turns should do it, Anyone confirm this?

Anyone? am tempted to take it back to the dealer and part with €€€

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

Your car is EOBD which means that it contains a diagnostic system which must meet European regulations designed to monitor emissions. The only codes that will clear after enough key cycles are pending codes or codes that will not put the light on. Anything that could effect emissions (like an open circuit MAF) will light the MIL (malfunction indicator lamp) and cause it to stay lit until it is cleared. Without knowing exactly which code has set it is impossible to say that it will not clear but I very much doubt it.

From what you posted it is most likely that the MIL is lit only because of leaving the MAF disconnected but there is always the possibility that you did something else too. Wrong plugs or a vac pipe left off. It may be no harm to get it looked at anyway.

BTW Why bring it to a dealer? Take it to a proper garage! :)

• Advertisement

Where abouts are you based mr d and how much to look at it ?

Bazzy

Advertisement