Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting NTL digital to new LCD tv

• 11-12-2006 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I just purchased a sooperb new Philips LCD telly. Its got 2 HDMI slots at the back. However my set top box from NTL does not have a HDMI slot on it, just two scarts. Do I need to get a new set top box from NTL with a HDMI slot to get the best quality digital reception on my new TV or do they all just come with scart connectors ? If so surely this defeats the purpose of Digital TV, if you can only connect with crappy scart connectors ?

any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

hdmi is only for transmitting HD video and audio. ntl dont offer HD at the moment. sky are the only crowd with HD in ireland. the sky hd box you get will have an hdmi socket.

you can also buy an upscaling dvd recorder that you can plug your ntl into and then HDMI that up to your tv with an improved picture. one of the best ones i have seen is the sony hxd860.

so yeah, you're stuck with scart. buy a good scart lead, 60 quid will get you a good QED/Ixos cable, well worth the money.

moe

Advertisement