Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless connection drops intermittently

• 11-12-2006 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

I have a Dell 510M laptop which I am using to connect to the a wireless Router in my flat. I leave the laptop running overnight to download stuff but the connection seems to break literally within minutes of me leaving. I have searched the net to find the solution and have gotten answers ranging from making sure my laptop does not go into hibernation or disabling IEE Authentication but neither seem to resolve the problem. When I return to my laptop in the morning it usually just displays "Unable to connect to wireless network" and the amount I have downloaded would indicate that it probably stopped within a half hour of me leaving the laptop the previous night. Has anyone come across similar problems with their Dell or Wireless network?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

ya my friend had that same problem last week, problem was that windows wireless and the intel wireless program she had were clashing so it wouldnt connect, all i did was un-install the intel wireless program and it worked grand, also try just to plug directly into the wireless router and dl overnight and see if it drops then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Check for an update on Dell's website.
    Disable power saving.
    Ensure only one client software is running (Wireless Zero Config or 3rd party - not both.)
    What model is the router?
    Do other clients disconnect when connected wirelessly?
    Post in Wireless.

Advertisement