Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

difference between NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 256mb and 512mb

Options
  • 11-12-2006 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

this is a stupid question i know but will i notice a significant difference between these in performance for gaming etc as this will decide what laptop i am going to buy. Will the 256mb be a solid enough chip set or should i not be considering it at all?

all suggestions gratefully accepted :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

the 512 mb will only be used at resoulutions at 1600x1200 or higher..or if you want AA and AF maxed out..but considering its a laptop i dont think you will be doing either..so a 7600gt 256mb isnt that bad if the 512mb version is a little more expensive..

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

a play fps alot and have autocad that i run 3d on but nothin else that mad, the reason i ask is that the laptop that has the 512mb card is 17" screen hp dv9088ea model and the other an acer aspire 5685 15" screen and i'm within 2 minds of what to do! Dunno what acer's are like in genearl but the spec is good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

If the two are in the same ballpark price wise I'd go with the HP while the 512MB wont do much for you it doesn't hurt to have it & the HP has a bigger screen.

I've also just seen references that the GPU in the Acer is a Go 7600SE which means it is a lower clocked model vs the normal one in the HP system so if that is the case it would be slower.

Advertisement