Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

03 Nissan Micra Ignition problem

Options
  • 11-12-2006 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hello all,
    Im looking for some advice from the knowledgeable people that populate these boards.
    Ok, the story is that I drive a '03 Nissan Micra -I know not the coolest car in the world but it gets me from A to B and its very easy to drive so it suits me for the moment anyway.
    The problem Ive been having is that sometimes there seems to be a problem when I start the car. Now, most of the time it starts up no problem but there have been a couple of occasions where it just refused to start at all, mainly when it was left idle for a day or two, or when its very wet.
    Now to explain what happens - when I turn the key it starts that normal noise where its going to ignite but just cant seem to get to the point when the engine kicks in. Ive had it in the garage about this and they replaced an ignition switch which they said was causing the problem. It didnt worlk and I have the car booked in tomorrow for them to have another look at it for me.
    My question is does anyone know what might cause an intermittent problem like this, and more importantly is this going to cost the earth to fix.
    If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it. Im not very educated about engines and such, I just try to look after the car as well as I can by getting it serviced when Im supposed to and looking after the tyres and stuff.
    Im such a typical woman eh?:rolleyes: (Ive a full license iin case anyone presumes Im a big learner:D )
    Thanks,
    Pipp

Advertisement