Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shuttle bus

Options
  • 11-12-2006 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

can anyone tell me the shuttle bus times to charlesland from the dart station in the early evenings also the times to the dart in the mornings cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 B.Rubble

The ones I know of are:

Leaving Charlesland;
    6.50am, 7.15am, 7.30am, 7.50am, 8.05am

Leaving the Dart station;
    6.35pm, 7.05pm, 7.20pm

There are some others (especially earlier ones in the evening) but I can't remember the times. I'm sure someone else here can complete the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

4.45, 5.50 and 6.15 pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭new arrival

Can someone let me know the times for the 84X and the shuttle bus in the morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

You query is answered here re the Shuttle: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055027329

And www.dublinbus.ie will get you the times for the 84X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭new arrival

Cheer Mike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Shuttle Bus Schedule
    The morning shuttle bus to the DART station runs at

6:10am 6:30am 7:15am (x2) 7.30am 7.45am 7:50am 8:05am

The evening shuttle meets DARTs arriving from 16:45 until 19:20.

The 8:05 should be changed to 8:15 as this bus is to meet the 8:30 train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Shuttle Bus Schedule
    The morning shuttle bus to the DART station runs at

6:10am 6:30am 7:15am (x2) 7.30am 7.45am 7:50am 8:05am

The evening shuttle meets DARTs arriving from 16:45 until 19:20.

The 8:05 should be changed to 8:15 as this bus is to meet the 8:30 train.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,938 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

is there no bus to meet the 0702 and 0710 trains?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I currently don't use the bus but if someone can get the times confirmed and a new thread made or this thread amended perhaps Eoin/Mike may obligue stickying to the top for convenience?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Guys can someone please post up the actual times and once done can one of the admins please make it sticky...

I've seen this question asked at least 6 times over the last year.

Also if you live in charlesland, the shuttle bus schedule is in your management pack on the back page.

The 84 timetables as noted above can be found on www.dublinbus.ie

and the dart timetable can be found on www.dart.ie

A little bit of research won't hurt anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Have heard over the last few weeks of a good few people using the shuttle that live in Eden Gate. I wonder would the management co consider giving a pass to all of us who PAY for the service to prevent the freeloaders!!

Reason why it annoys me is that neither myself or any of my family have ever used this service but still pay for it. This is annoying enough but to then have someone say to me "isn't the FREE bus in Charlesland great" wrecks my head! It's not free.....

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Totally agree Dubsgirl. I brought this up last year and mentioned it to the residents committee. I think becasue it involves all the different committees they all need to get together and get this sorted as I know of 3 people who get on that bus and live in Eden gate and that is very frustrating when we are paying for it!!! It needs to be sorted out soon and not be put on the long finger anymore. Everyhouse could be given a couple of swipe cards or fob cards that would need to be displayed to the driver simple as that and though to those who dont have it on them. you dont get on Dublin Bus for free or the dart so why should these people get on the bus. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Threads merged.

I've created a sticky with the shuttle times and links to Irish Rail and Dublin Bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,938 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

INCH wrote:
    I know of 3 people who get on that bus and live in Eden gate and that is very frustrating when we are paying for it!!!

do you actually know these people - have you pointed out to them that they are freeloaders? How do they then get from Charlesland to Eden Gate - walk or drive?

There was a discussion about this on this board before, and I still hold to the view that the number of freeloaders is so small that the added cost and hassle of administering a buspass scheme wouldn't be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

May I suggest a polite notice for the bus indicating who it is provided for? Shouldn't cost the earth...

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement