Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X minus one

Options
  • 11-12-2006 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

Any chance of playing x minus one again?
    I've gotten most of the episodes.. but I'm missing a few... there was nothing like falling asleep to the sweet sound of 50's radio.
    so Pete/Simon any chance of a come back..?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 incident

It'd be great to hear it on Phantom again, but in the meantime you can download (I think) all the episodes free from the Internet Archive: Pages 1, 2, and 3.

They've also got Dimension X and Suspense, and a fair few other shows i've not heard of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

thanks a million.
    also check out 2000 plus.. it's particularly funny, because it's based in the years after 2000... it's always good when they mention dates.. like the GREAT WAR OF 2005!!..
    good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭rollie

yes,

X minus 1 is fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

ahh x minus 1.
    I fell alseep to my mp3 player on random one night..
    woke up to the sound of a blood curdling scream.
    Mars is Heaven i think was the episode.
    Explained the vivd dreams i was having anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Gonzo_Reporter

I love Suspense. When Phantom I would come home a wee but drunk and pass out to a show, fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I love Suspense. When Phantom played I would come home a wee but drunk on fridays and pass out to a show, just fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭geekstinkbreath

incident wrote:
    It'd be great to hear it on Phantom again, but in the meantime you can download (I think) all the episodes free from the Internet Archive: Pages 1, 2, and 3.
    They've also got Dimension X and Suspense, and a fair few other shows i've not heard of.

Thanks for the link! just downloaded my favourite, 'the hitchicker' with the great Orson Welles.
    I love the way in many of the suspence stories, nothing really happens. This story is a great example of how a story can be frightening without a bloody murder, rattling chains or other cliches as Welles describes in the intro, it's all only suggestive.
    It reminds me now of 'the innocents' the movie adaptation with deborah kerr of the turn of the screw:frightening, but is it all in her head?!
    I do love a good suspense story!

Oops i posted twice earlier :o
    Also i downloaded all of the series of X minus 1 and Suppense. And cheers Incident the link brought me to other great radio shows like the original War of the Worlds.

Advertisement