Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL upgraded lines, anyone used them since?

Options
  • 11-12-2006 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

NTL have recently upgraded their lines for broadband and digital TV in my area (rathfarnham).

I'm wondering if they've done the same in your area and if so, has it improved much?

I'm looking to switch from eircom as my line keeps dropping and they can't give me better than 2mb as they say theline can't handle it :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I am in Dublin 15. I got ntl broadband installed about 3 years ago. It's been fantastic.
    We had some issues last week, but that was extremely unusual - only had about 3 or 4 short outages in the 3 years. Others in other areas haven't been so lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Tallaght here. My next door neighbour got a new blue modem months ago but im still on the grey yoke. im assuming we;re paying for the upgraded service but I'm waiting for the next bill to be sure. maybe I should give them a call and ask them to double check for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

ntl in finglas was still dropping today and has been for last two weeks (most times not even connecting) and while NTL has been grand since using it for the last six months i simple cannot do without a net connection for two weeks because of my work , i'm supposed to be on a 6meg line but am getting download speeds of 14kb , ludicrous isn't even the word

eircom box is winging its way to me at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

im in dublin 2 and over exhausted contention ratios at peak times seem to be the norm sadly..

6mb im supposed to be on, peak times im sometimes lucky to hit 1 meg... calls to ntl go unanswered thus far as they dont appear to want to pick up there phones, did get a ringing tone once but was then cut off before anyone actually answered..

the lines were supposed to have been upgraded i heard, im not entirely sure but there was maintenance carried out, i was pinging 30 to uk servers the other day but that only seemed to last about 12hrs or so, tryed again tonight and was back upto 45-55 as per norm.. shame really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

miju wrote:
    ntl in finglas was still dropping today and has been for last two weeks (most times not even connecting) and while NTL has been grand since using it for the last six months i simple cannot do without a net connection for two weeks because of my work , i'm supposed to be on a 6meg line but am getting download speeds of 14kb , ludicrous isn't even the word

eircom box is winging its way to me at the mo
    Im not able to avail of ntl and i like in finglas thats so unfair :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I am also in Dublin city. Mine has been great since Saturday. Downloads over 500k are normal now. I get quite a lot of 600k too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

:) trust me pimpingude it's a blessing in disguise , while their digital service is grand , their braadband lately is woeful

Advertisement