Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic Slates

Options
  • 11-12-2006 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has experience of these type of slates (Authentic Roof). They seem reasonably good value and they're made in Athy now, apparently as they've been "so successful" since they started inporting them a few years ago, so the sales pitch goes !! So I'm looking for some unbiased opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Tread with caution....

http://www.authenticroofireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Thanks for that, Nice one. I think I may not tread at all...... At least with these guys, but I'm not put off the product all the same. I was keen on using it as it's apparently made from completely recycled materials and will last a lifetime (or two) so does anyone know of an alternative manufacturer/supplier or another type slate which could have some eco-friendly advantages.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It think is recycle-able rather than recycled. But its not enviromentally friendly because of this.
    nordman profiles do a plastic roofing product too.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Nordman I'll look into them, thanks.
    As for the Authentic Roof, one of their selling points and I saw this on a U.S. d.i.y. show, was that it's made from recycled plastics so avoids them going to landfill. I know there are others doing a similar product as I've seen them at a show some time ago but I can't remember who they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Slate

I think that the person whom you may have been dealing with was a Mr Ion White who was the agent for Authentic Roof in Ireland and was importing their slates.

Please do not confuse with Athy ECOSlate. We manufacture our own plastic roof slates. We have several sites throughout the country that you can visit to see finished roofs and several roofers/builders you can talk to who have used our slates.

To answer one of the other questions posed, our product is made from recycled plastics as well as being recyclable. We also buy back all unused slates and unsoiled offcuts so that there is no waste material.

Again please do not confuse us with Authentic Roof. We pride ourselves on our customer service. I am not sure if advertising ourselves is allowed on these sites but it is important that there is no confusion between the two companies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jules4

Hi, just wondering did you.....or anyone else end up using these roof slates? Just researching them at mo as an alternative to cheap slate or a man made slate? Anyone had good or bad experiences?

Advertisement