Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Inflatable roof rack - Where to buy in Dublin?

Options
  • 11-12-2006 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to buy the inflatable roof rack in Dublin?
    I tried Halfords without luck.

Redman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Please tell me that this a roof rack to carry an inflatable (dinghy), and not actually an inflatable roof rack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

It is inflatable and for carrying all loads!
    :D
    http://www.handirackuk.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

The Great Outdoors have something similar only not inflatable. if you head downstairs to the surf department at their branch just off Grafton St. and ask for roof-racks they have rather handy padded ones that pack up neatly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Thanks All- I had forgotten about Micks garage!

Redman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Why not just buy soft racks? Why do they need to be inflatable?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

redman wrote:
    It is inflatable and for carrying all loads!
    :D
    http://www.handirackuk.com/
    Ah well, you learn something new every day ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Enygma wrote:

Cause they're cool! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Enygma wrote:

I'm with Enygma on this. What do inflatibles give over soft racks? You'll also have to worry about them going "POP" under a heavy load, uneven road surface, and/or sunshine :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Surely all they are are simply devices to stop scratching?

But, an inflatable roof rack would distribute the load more evenly across the roof panel :eek: than a cloth one. The roof panel is not designed to carry load - loads should be placed on the frame with the weight spread evenly between the A,B & C pillars. I would be inclined to place anything heavy on one of these things. Even a poor quality standard roof rack would have a higher load capacity.

But if the load is light then they're probably a good economic solution, but not a pretty one!

• Advertisement
Advertisement