Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband/ISDN problem

Options
  • 11-12-2006 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,163 ✭✭✭

I got my BT broadband installed on Thursday. I used to have ISDN in the house but got rid of it a few years back. I just continued to use the ISDN box Eircom supplied which gave me two phone connections. One line went dead after I cut off the ISDN but I was able to use the other one fine for voice and for dialup internet.

Now, when I connect my broadband router and phone to the box using my microfilter, I can get a phone connection but no broadband. If I connect the broadband modem to the box directly, I get a broadband signal and surf no problem. If I connect the phone directly to the box, I get voice no problem. I just can't connect both at the same time through the microfilter. Has anyone else had this problem and is there something else I can do about it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ring eircom and tell them to totally remove the isdn box . I am amazed it works at all , it must be able to fall back to analogue when changed to analogue in the exchange.

Once its taken out by the engineer a normal socket appears in its place and you put the filter into that and hopefully all is tickety boo .

Advertisement