Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel radio - how to enter security code?

Options
  • 11-12-2006 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

I bought a 98 Omega privately about 6 months and recently had to get the rear demister button fixed which meant the radio had to be disconnected. I rang the original dealer to get the 4 digit safe code and they also gave me the procedure for entering it.

Make sure the radio is switched off
    Turn ignition on
    Press and hold the AS button until there's a beep
    Turn on the radio
    Enter the 4 digits using numbers 1 to 4
    Press and hold the AS button again until there's a beep

The problem is pressing the AS button does nothing. I've also tried it with the radio switched on but no luck. Does anyone know if the above procedure is correct before I ring them back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

I had this a good few years ago with an Astra so it might be different, but the procedure as I remember was as follows:
      Turn off Radio. Press and Hold the AS button (or was it UML, can't quite remember) Turn on the power button keeping the button depressed Wait for the beep you are then asked for code, appears like this "- - - -" If code is 5656, press the 1 channel button 5 times, the 2 channel button 6 times, the 3 channel button 5 times, the 4 channel button 6 times.

Hope that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

yes, you must hold the AS button while you turn on the radio with the ignition on. then you will get the 4 dashes. when you have entered the code with the 1-4 buttons as above hold the AS button again and it will beep again and radio will work.

you can repeat this process again after you get it working and it will not need a code again if you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭GB15

That did the trick. Thanks a lot.

Advertisement