Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning waterproof gear

Options
  • 11-12-2006 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

Sorry if wrong forum.

My reflective waterproof cycling jacket has become rather muddy to the point where it's not really reflective anymore in places. It says on the label to cold wash it only which I have done and it hasn't made any difference at all. Is there anything else I could try? I read about this sutff called Nikwax Tech Wash which sounds like it might do the trick?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I've washed my Patagonia Goretex jackets in the Nikwax Tech Wash that I bought in Patagonia's outlet shop on Wicklow Street. Unfortunately the Tech Wash wasn't at an outlet price :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

penexpers wrote:
    Sorry if wrong forum.

My reflective waterproof cycling jacket has become rather muddy to the point where it's not really reflective anymore in places. It says on the label to cold wash it only which I have done and it hasn't made any difference at all. Is there anything else I could try? I read about this sutff called Nikwax Tech Wash which sounds like it might do the trick?

Thanks!

Use NikWax techwash in a basin with a nailbrush and luke warm water. You can stick it in the machine then for a rinse and spin. That's what I do with mine anyway with no harm done to date.

Advertisement