Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lazy guy attachment

Options
  • 11-12-2006 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for some sort of cleaning pad to attach to a cordless drill for waxing a car. If it was summer I wouldn't mind doing it by hand but it's cold out..:D

Anybody know if these even exist?? And if they do where i could get one?? My fat lazy ass thanks you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Halfords have a 12v polisher which works off the cigarette lighter. That is if you're not too lazy to visit them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I'll check it out, thanks. Ah I'm not that lazy really, am just short on time at the moment

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You can get a wide rubber disc attachment for a powerdrill that would normally be for sanding. Then you need the polishing cloth cover to go over this (I have done this). You'd get both in any of the big hardware stores.

TBH electric polishers are so cheap these days (try argos) its as easy and quick to find one and buy that as find the attachments for a power drill.

G'luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Onkle51 wrote:
    I'm looking for some sort of cleaning pad to attach to a cordless drill for waxing a car. If it was summer I wouldn't mind doing it by hand but it's cold out..:D

Anybody know if these even exist?? And if they do where i could get one?? My fat lazy ass thanks you in advance
    Onkle51 - D'ont bother with the Halfords or Argos polishers - they are a total waste of time.

Secondly do not use a powerdrill (cordless or otherwise) with a polishing pad attached for car paintwork. You could burn through the paint far too easily.

Rotary polishes should only be used by the pro's - if you must get a polisher for DIY usage, get a Dual-Action Random-Orbital one like the Porter Cable 7424. (Expensive enough when you pay for the transformer as well etc. as set up for the U.S. electrical system)

Otherwise stick to hand polishing with professional products rather than the consumer rubbish in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

TomMc wrote:
    Onkle51 - D'ont bother with the Halfords or Argos polishers - they are a total waste of time.

I concur - argos one total waste of money (got it free with power washer)

Just do it by hand - ya lazy f*****!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement