Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Headlight warning buzzer (lack thereof)

Options
  • 11-12-2006 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

For the second time in 2 months, my battery was dead at lunchtime today after I forgot to turn off the headlights of my 95 Corolla. Is there any way of installing one of those wonderful buzzers that tell you your lights are on when you open the door? I wouldn't mind having a go at it if someone on the web has already posted instructions as I'm no good at electronics. Yes, I've already googled for it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

lights??? at lunch time??? ......oh dear , here comes the supervisible brigade again.

that'll learn ya

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Thanks.

Anyone got any helpful suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

C_Breeze wrote:
    lights??? at lunch time??? ......oh dear , here comes the supervisible brigade again.

that'll learn ya
    Lol, i fully agree.
    Maybe the OP is blind, seen as he needs full headlights on during the day but is too "blind" to switch them off before turning off the engine. Would you not see them being on when you get out of the car? Trip to Spec savers i think. You`d think you`d have learned to turn them off after the battery going dead on you the 1st time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Nuttzy wrote:
    Lol, i fully agree.
    Maybe the OP is blind, seen as he needs full headlights on during the day but is too "blind" to switch them off before turning off the engine. Would you not see them being on when you get out of the car? Trip to Spec savers i think. You`d think you`d have learned to turn them off after the battery going dead on you the 1st time.

Way to be helpful..... maybe if more people drove with their lights on during the day less people would be knocked down. In fact it's the law in some well run countries...

@op sorry for off topic

Thanks again :rolleyes:

Maybe ye guys don't get out of bed much, but it tends to be dark in the mornings. To spell it out for you both, it was dark when I parked my car at 8am in the morning, and my battery was dead when I came back at lunchtime. I should have made that absolutely clear in the original post but, you know, I assumed people were smart and could infer these things for themselves. I'll know better next time.

• Advertisement

Onkle51 wrote:
    Way to be helpful..... maybe if more people drove with their lights on during the day less people would be knocked down. In fact it's the law in some well run countries...

@op sorry for off topic

No problem

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Onkle51 wrote:

@op sorry for off topic

Yeah like scandanavian countries. Might also be due to the amount of darkness in those "well run countries". I find people driving with headlights on in the day time can be very dazzling. Anyway, this is a post for another (long ) thread.

Did the car originally have a buzzer that now doesnt work, or was it never on the car and your looking for a newly installed system? I'd imagine something could be easily enough hooked up by piggybacking the cable from the door sensor that tell the internal light to come on when the door is opened.

I assume there was never one there, I think Toyota just weren't as smart back then. I was imagining someone somewhere must have done this modification and documented it on the internet, or maybe someone is even selling kits. I might give it a shot some weekend if I'm feeling adventurous.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You could do it with a novelty door bell. :) I'd say it' dbe fairly simple as its just a button on the door that activates when the pressure comes off it.

Advertisement