Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV Cheaper than Game

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got Dead Rising and Oblivion for €75 in HMV this morning. They're doing a buy one, get one free on certain 360 games - best value I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I agree with flogen. I don't care that its Argo's, if its cheaper there than Game, I'll buy it there. These stores need to realise people can use the Internet to find out the cheapest place to buy and where the deals are going. We can also find out who is ripping us off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

HMV have do student discounts as well, so that's an extra 10% of the price.
    Buy most of my new games in HMV now. GAME is disgraceful for prices, but they do do some good bundle offers. The same, however, cannot be said of HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the reason hmv are cheaper for new games at the moment is because theyve stopped the games reward card for xmas,the money you would have saved by having a card(you can still use your card if you has one already) is just taken off the price of the games,hence why new 360 releases are less than 60 quid,theyll go up again in january once the reward system comes back in,i used to work in one,left recently and i do miss my 30% staff discount,plus the fact i havent spent a penny on games in about 2 years,just exchanged everything i bought full price,ah the ways you can get around things with your job

Advertisement