Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homelessness: Party Views

Options
  • 11-12-2006 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭

Linky
    Minister Ahern plus all opposition leaders to debate ending homelessness
    December 11, 2006

We have invited the leaders of the six parliamentary parties to debate ending homelessness.

This Wednesday, (13th Decemeber), Ed Burke Theatre,Trinity College Dublin, 6.30pm - 7.30pm

This is an ideal opportunity for each party to show thier commitment to ending homelessness.

The following have confirmed so far:

* Noel Ahern, Fianna Fail, Minister with responsibility for housing
    * Enda Kenny, Fine Gael
    * Pat Rabbitte, the Labour Party
    * Trevor Sargent, Green Party
    * Caoimhghin O Caolain, Sinn Fein
    * Finnian McGrath, for the Independents

We are still waiting to hear who will come from the PDs - watch this space.

Everybody is welcome to attend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That'd be a nice turnout if they all came

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Little bump, people will want to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ibid it will be good form of you to do a write up of this meeting afterwards.

I am assuming that no PD has confirmed attendence.

gandalf wrote:
    Ibid it will be good form of you to do a write up of this meeting afterwards.
    If I go, I certainly will. Have an exam tomorrow though :/.
    I am assuming that no PD has confirmed attendence.
    Interesting, ain't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

gandalf wrote:
    I am assuming that no PD has confirmed attendance.

Senator John Minihan (?) from the PDs was added to the list on the website late yesterday.

I really wanted to go to this event, but have a deadline for tomorrow so I couldn't make it.

The MakeRoom campaign is an excellent one (that's why it's in my sig;) ).

• Advertisement

Yup I attended despite all logic. Decent event. Talk to a lecturer of mine afterwards who wrote a book on the topic, he summed it up well by saying "Well I didn't learn anything new there."

Will write up a report on it tomorrow/Friday/2008 but quotes of the night went to Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin who referred to Sinn Féin seeking a referendum to change the "1937 Constitution" :rolleyes:, and to Minister Ahern stating that one of the reasons Sweden has so few homeless people is because it's "too bloody cold to be homeless there."

Advertisement