Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micromagic One Way Satellite Broadband

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Well we've cancelled SkyDSL now (chancing our arm with LastMile broadband for browsing and light downloading). I used Limewire with it when I had it.

Your right that boards isn't the best example at the moment. A better example would be if your loading Microsoft.com with its huge, pointless image, it loads faster.

With the Sky Dish we lost coverage in bad weather but satellite is effected by weather anyway, ours was just gone completely in bad weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved from IoffL (Broadband might be better, but then IoffL don't think satellite internet is quite broadband. Satellite seems to be just deal with TV)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BBandBlackHole

Im a littel miffed with skyDSL. Despite being on the 'all you can eat' tariff for unlimited downloads, after a few hundred MB downloads their nasty fair usage policy has kicked on. So instead of the standard 210kb per sec download in Gear1, they drop me to 20 kbs. Of course they tell me if I switch to Gear 2 now restriction applies - yip of course it doesnt at 1.5cent per MB.
    There's always a catch. Upgrade flat tariff isnt truly unlimited as I have found.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 The Predator

Thats nothing BBandBlackHole, I only have it 2 weeks and my dial up download speed is faster than the skydsl download speed averaging 800B/s, what a joke, I feel completely ripped, Is there any way of getting out of a 12 month contract?

Advertisement