Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6230i spontaniously powering off

• 11-12-2006 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

I've suddenly started having problems with my 6230i crashing. It has been working fine for many months, but a couple of days ago while trying to use it as a bluetooth modem, it appeared to power off. I powered it on again, and it would get as far as beginning to connect to the vodafone cell, when it would crash again, over and over every time.

I tried the SIM in another phone and it worked fine, and just before I was about to give up on the phone I put my old, no longer active SIM in, and the phone worked fine, apart from not connecting to the network. I used the opportunity to do a factory reset on the phone, and apart from loosing some of my configuration settings, it worked fine. About 48 hours later though, it suddely started doing the same thing again, and I went through the same procedure again to get it working.

I initially thought it was powering off, but now I think it just blanks the screen and hangs - sometimes pressing a menu button brings the backlight on and the battery meter bar, but nothing else, and the phone isn't usable in this state.

Is this a known problem? I haven't been able to dig up any information on it if it is. Would a firmware update sort it out. BTW it's not under warranty, I bought it second had earlier this year.

Advertisement