Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling Off Period

Options
  • 11-12-2006 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Can somebody help me out with this.
    Just (half hour ago) bought tickets on ticket master only to realise that i (stupidly) booked the wrong date. Ticket master have basically said tough to me. I cant go and no-body i know can go.
    One of my friends has made me aware of cooling off periods in relation to buying goods/services. Are ticketmaster violating my statuary rights by not canceling my order.

Here's ticketmasters policy
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think ocoling off periods are optional, as in they don't have to offer it. I wouldn't think they can be forced to accept the cancellation, but it takes a special kind of comany to refuse to cancel an order within minutes of it being placed. If the tickets were already in the post you could understand.

You could try selling the tickets on adverts.ie or in Buy and Sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You're not generally entitled to any cooling off period in shops. On the internet there's a 7 day cooling off "distance selling regulations" thing as far as I know, not sure how it applies to tickets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Have you tried contacting your credit card company?
    AFAIK under the consumer credit act they have to provide some sort of warranty / support, so they may well be able to help, unless of course you are with MBNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

ciaranfo wrote:
    You're not generally entitled to any cooling off period in shops. On the internet there's a 7 day cooling off "distance selling regulations" thing as far as I know, not sure how it applies to tickets though.

Don't think the cooling off period applies to tickets.
    See here

(Unfortunately it doesn't apply to Ryanair either :( )

"There is a category of agreement to which none of the provision of information, confirmation and the right to withdraw apply, the most important of which are as follows:

agreements for the provision of “foodstuffs, beverages or other goods intended for everyday consumption supplied to the home, residence or workplace of the consumer by regular roundsmen” and

Agreements for the supply of “accommodation, transport, catering or leisure services where the supplier undertakes, when the contract is made, to provide those services on a specific date or within a specific period”. This latter exception is quite unfortunate when you consider that online travel and accommodation bookings are perhaps one of the most popular uses of the internet in Ireland."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

I did the same myself a few weeks ago and I got nowhere with changing dates...it would be nice if they had a facility that if the tickets were available for another date that you could change them...gotta be so careful unfortunately. No room for errors or mistakes with ticketmaster!

• Advertisement
Advertisement