Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booster pumps - passive?

Options
  • 11-12-2006 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi,

Am planning to install a booster pump for a mixer shower (ST55 twin impeller), which will supply bath and sink taps.

I'm worried that at night-time, the noise of the pump will wake people up when someone uses a tap. A mate suggested that it should be possible to put the pump on a timer switch so that it turns off at night.

Would this work? I was under the impression that booster pumps are not passive - i.e. water wouldn't flow through without power.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

yes it will on st55, as they are just a booster pump however consider just using the pump for the bath and shower and leave sink/head on gravity if u can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Similar subject a couple of days ago. They will allow water flow without power, they can be noisey but you have the option to put a switch on it for when not in use. I'm using a Monsoon 3bar pump and found it to be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Is there any way to effectivly insulate a booster pump to drown out the noise? I was told that they can be connected to the water pipes with flexible sections and then suspended on springs in an insulated box.
    Is this correct or BS?

Advertisement