Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condenser dryer problems

Options
  • 11-12-2006 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

So here's the deal; girlfriend puts some clothes in the tumble dryer (Tricity Bendix) set the timer and pressed start but the dryer stopped after a few minutes with the 'tank full' light on. The tank is empty but the light won't go off and the dryer won't work.

Help?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Have you tried removing and replacing the water tank?

Maybe whatever trigger is used to sense the tank is full is faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Yeah I've tried that even had a look inside but everything seems fine, cleaned the filters and condensing unit too....but all to no avail

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Maybe try putting up a query on ukwhitegoods.co.uk forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I had the same thing on a Creda dryer.

On mine, the 'filler' nozzle for the removable tank pushes into a connector in a plastic housing at the back of the dryer. There's a watertight seal to allow the water to transfer from the dryer into the removable container.

In the unit that the reservoir connects into (not in the removable part) - there was a float mechanism (literally a plastic float with polystyrene around the base) that had got jammed up - I freed this & the dryer has worked perfectly since.

It was fiddy, but worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

thanks guys for all the feedback, still no luck unfortunately! maybe i'll call in the pros after all :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

give the water bottle a good solid hard smack when you push it in (no i'm not joking)

most condensor dryers have a micro switch just at the back of the machine where the water bottle slides in and on most of them if the microswitch is not hit it will leave the empty water light on and the machine wont heat , sometimes they jam / freeze so a good solid smack can free it up and get it working again

andip if yours is a TCR2 model number it's right at the back of the machine in the centre where the water bottle slides into and 9 times out of 10 this sorts the problem

Advertisement