Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SATA II Question

Options
  • 11-12-2006 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

Two questions for you:

I currently have a Maxtor 160GB SATA 8MB 7200RPM drive that I think is about to pack in. I'm going to try and install the SATA drivers again just to see if the problems arose form a reinstallation I did a while back. MY first question is how would I go about reinstalling the SATA divers. The only way I can think of doing it is by installating XP again. I really don't want to do this if possible.

If that doesn't solve my problems - and I don't think it will - was looking to get this HDD instead. I'm a little out of touch with drive technology and I'm wondering is the SATA II technology as idiot proof as its predecessor, i.e. a one cable job, and will it function on an ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE board.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement