Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scarfs etc

Options
  • 11-12-2006 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Whats with the SU shop having no UCD scarfs left - and might not get them in at all??? Surely they sell a load of them along with hoodies etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I got about seven free at the start of the year.
    Ah, my little scarf pilllow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Does anyone know how much the hoodies are?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Minister, this is where your economics moves from theory to practice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Darando wrote:
    Whats with the SU shop having no UCD scarfs left - and might not get them in at all??? Surely they sell a load of them along with hoodies etc.

OMG Shít what the fcuk are we going to do......drop out probably!!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Darando

Surely it has to be a big area where the SU miss out on. Look at college hoodies/t-shirts etc.. in the states, not at all promoted here, apart from a few in the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭recyclebin

loads more hoodies in sports shop, dont know about scarves

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Minister, this is where your economics moves from theory to practice
    If you want to buy one at a generous price, then I am sure that we can work something out.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

fatal wrote:
    Does anyone know how much the hoodies are?
    I bought the new one for €45.. a bit steep compared to other uni prices but I LOEV it <3.

My UCD scarf was kindly donated to me by Raphael -what a gent:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Is the nice O'Neills one? I'm tempted to buy one for going on Erasmus but I don't think it'll be cold enough (yes please throw something at me now)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Is the nice O'Neills one? I'm tempted to buy one for going on Erasmus but I don't think it'll be cold enough (yes please throw something at me now)

*throws useless hat + scarf @ Steph*

Malta, WE KNOW :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

If it helps, the Library shop is getting in the soccer club's scarves, hats and shirts over the closed season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Got free one for doing open day, way too big for me though (XXL large or something).

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

I did the open day (on saturday) and they never gave me a scarf, just promised me a book token! I never got one at the start of the year either I had to sort of steal one from a first year. Emphasis added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Scraggs wrote:
    I bought the new one for €45.. a bit steep compared to other uni prices but I LOEV it <3.

the the sizes generous or is a large for example a medium in terms of other hoodies?I have to buy one but its not for me so thats why I ask

Mine is a medium and its huge. I thought it would shrink in the wash but it didn't which is a good thing I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

those ucd scarfs are well gay

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

ferdi wrote:

Thanks for that valuable contribution. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

ferdi wrote:

never a truer word spoken, hoodies too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Scraggs wrote:
    Mine is a medium and its huge. I thought it would shrink in the wash but it didn't which is a good thing I suppose.

Yep, mise fresin. Got a free on at last years open day (the proper March one). Bloody huge ("medium" my arse), but it is pretty damn comfy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

aaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the word is scarves aaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

elmyra wrote:
    aaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the word is scarves aaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    QFT!

And they say pedantry is dead :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Scraggs wrote:

\o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Is this so people outside UCD know you study there, or so people within the confines of Belfield don't take you for an interloper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

magpie wrote:
    Is this so people outside UCD know you study there, or so people within the confines of Belfield don't take you for an interloper?

Neither its just to foster a belonging to UCD as a student or staff member alike.There's also other reasons like community spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Chakar wrote:
    Neither its just to foster a belonging to UCD as a student or staff member alike.There's also other reasons like community spirit.

Classic, almost fell off my chair laughing. I think I'd sooner wear my tescos fleece around.

humbert wrote:
    Classic, almost fell off my chair laughing. I think I'd sooner wear my tescos fleece around.
    Boo naysayers, Go team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

humbert wrote:

I'm glad I made someone laugh during this difficult time.But the Tescos fleece serves the same function to show your a staff member of Tesco anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Chakar wrote:
    But the Tescos fleece serves the same function to show your a staff member of Tesco anyway.

That is my point:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

humbert wrote:
    I'd prefer a tesco value fleece, really.

Advertisement